Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-02-2014 , 02:03 AM

trouble with transfer maps

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I was hoping I could find some help with an issue I am having with my attempt to use transfer maps. I modeled a detailed, high poly box in Maya, and I also built a very simple low poly box of the same size and position. I went through all the necessary steps to set up the transfer maps, but when I do the bake, nothing happens to my low poly box. Its as if I did not even do a transfer. I have tried several different solutions and I can't seem to understand what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I followed this tutorial exactly : Maya Normal Maps - YouTube

# 2 25-02-2014 , 03:51 PM

problem solved

I found out, rather embarrassingly, I was simply not pressing 6...I guess that's why they call this the newbie lounge