Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 05-05-2014 , 06:21 PM

Mental ray shader problem

Hello
I have a scene with a flower ( with a mia materiel ) and a butterfly also with an mia materiel.
when a render the scene the flower reflect the sun light and the color of the betterfly. i want to make the mia materiel of the flower reflect only the sun light. ( my scene setyp with a sun and sky ) . how can i resolve this problem. thankyou.

# 2 05-05-2014 , 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
You could try turning on "Highlights Only" in the reflection section.

- Genny
# 3 05-05-2014 , 08:48 PM
thank you but the problem with this option that i lose all the rest of my reflection.

# 4 06-05-2014 , 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
Just so I understand correctly, you want the butterfly wings not to show in the reflection, right? If so then you can turn off "Visible in reflections" in the "Render Stats" section under the wings shape node.

- Genny
# 5 06-05-2014 , 11:06 AM
thak you so much. that's resolve my problem. really thank you sir.user added image