Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 14-05-2014 , 07:07 PM
Trying

UV Mapping Image Weird

I'm not really sure what's going on here. I was doing several basic tutorials and whenever I started texturing, even if I followed the steps exactly, it would not turn out the same. In the UV Texture Editor, the file/image/texture would be mapped out all strangely.

So I decided to just test out what was happening with basic steps: creating a cube, applying a lambert material with a Checkers texture for the Color option, but even there my image seems to be messing up.

user added image

The same thing happens with any other texture or file or whatever. Like another example would be this simple Coin tutorial I was doing - https://www.techtut.com/Tutorial/Maya...l-texture.html - but when I put my file in for the coin, it just appears all messed up like the checkers above.

I'm probably just doing something simple wrong or have some setting different, but any thoughts? Thanks.

# 2 14-05-2014 , 09:07 PM
The thin red line
That does not look right, try closing maya then open again and create a box then assign a checkerboard pattern to them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dave

# 3 14-05-2014 , 10:10 PM
Trying
Yeah tell me about it :\. I really don't understand what's happening.

I'm doing the most basic of things and closing/re-opening Maya to make sure all options are reset. I tried doing a sphere, same results.

1. Create Sphere polygon
2. Assign new material - lambert
3. Click on Color options for the lambert
4. Select checker

And behold...

user added image

# 4 14-05-2014 , 10:43 PM
EduSciVis-er

# 5 15-05-2014 , 05:26 PM
Trying
Ah, resetting the preferences did it! Actually, a lot of things that were going on strangely with my Maya seem to have been fixed (from when I used to use it, I just recently started using it again). Thank you so much for the help!