Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 27-09-2005 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber

select tool not working

hey all ...

new to this all and i know this is probably something easy but it is killing me. I am trying to follow the tuts and I cant use the select tool ..it says no settings for this tool . I cant figure out how to reset it . I cant pick objects and stuff like that ..wondering what i am doing wrong.

thank you in advance

matthew

i hit reset tool and it doesnt help . I am in perspective view

i cant click on the shape or see the attributes of the shapes. i dont know what i have done lol ...

Last edited by mmoore5553; 27-09-2005 at 07:32 PM.
# 2 28-09-2005 , 12:16 PM
Subscriber
Hmm overly asked question and answered many times already. Search is your friend my friend, but to quick start you:

In the menu: Display -> UI Elements -> Restore UI elements

There are plenty of options in that menu to customize the user interface the way you want it.

Here's a handy keyboard shortcut to turn off all ui elements as well: ctrl+space

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 3 28-09-2005 , 12:55 PM
post a screen shot of your maya layout and also make sure you are not in component mode otherwise you wont be able to select objects.

user added image
A

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 4 28-09-2005 , 01:10 PM
Subscriber
thank you ...I tried search but must of typed something wrong. i ddint ever see it ...thank you for your help and got it working .

# 5 16-05-2014 , 06:41 PM
Hello,

In the bar below the meny bar, there is an option called Select by Object Type. In the Buttons next to it are the select tools. Click on Select Surface Object and voila, back to normaluser added image

# 6 16-05-2014 , 06:50 PM
EduSciVis-er
This is a decade-old previously-resolved thread.