Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 03-07-2014 , 12:56 AM

Mirroring - Help with seamless center

I'm fairly new to Autodesk Maya 2013 and I'm still trying to figure out how to use Mirror Geometry or Duplicate Special in such a way where I don't have to clean up an obvious bumpy seam in the center of my model. The attached image is a result of Mirror Geometry where the seam is automatically lined up and combined (aka: less work for me) but the result is an obvious seam that's too meticulous of a mess for me to clean up. I get the same result with Duplicate Special, but a lot more work in connecting vertices and seams (aka: it's time consuming and problematic.) I've also messed around with the Normals angles and it doesn't seem to clean up the edges. Soften edges doesn't seem to fix the seam either...

This problem may have been brought up before recently, so I apologize, but I haven't noticed a solid solution anywhere online and figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 03-07-2014 , 04:50 AM
Nevermind! I found the answer...
Mesh > Mirror Geometry > merge vertices option.