Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-07-2014 , 07:48 PM
Lifetime Member

Portfolio

Hi all,
In about 9 months I will be applying for a new education. (interactive media and visual fx)
Of course, I have to show a portfolio of my work. But what sort of work would be most appreciated?
My best guess is to show a bit of all skills.. modeling, animating, texturing with complex UV's and compositing.
I'm also gonna include before(sketch)-->final(render) projects.

Any tips?

# 2 01-08-2014 , 09:10 PM
Technical Director
If starts at a beginner level, I doubt they would require previous 3d experience. It should say on their website about what they want to see.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 02-08-2014 , 03:29 PM
Lifetime Member
I see.. well I checked and they expect students to show creativity and software knowledge(i.e maya, photoshop, AE, nuke etc). My Maya projects are going great and I've been working in photoshop for like 6 years. Only 12 of the 50+ applicants will be accepted, so I'm gonna give it my best shot.. thank you