Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-11-2007 , 01:19 PM

Add More Vertex points??????????

Hi, Is there anyway to simply add more vertex points to a line/edge?

Cheers

# 2 22-11-2007 , 01:35 PM
Subscriber
hi matt, im not a modeller, but if i remember rightly, the only way you can do it is by using the cut face tool. This adds a edge, which in turn crosses another edge thus creating a vertex. I dont think you can just add vertex's. Maybe im wrong.

Or using the edge loop tool, or split polygon tool all in the modelling menu, edit polygons.

Maybe some modelling genius will be able to shed some more light on this. Like i sed, im not into modelling but ive dabbled in it and this seems one way out.

good luck

those who succeed are only the failures that never gave up.

https://www.vimeo.com/7080130
# 3 22-11-2007 , 01:42 PM
Great thanks Pix. Seems a bit of a mission just to add a vertex but it worked ;>

# 4 22-11-2007 , 01:56 PM
Hi,

if you only want to add a vertex to an edge, use the split polygon tool. Just click once on the edge where you want the vertex, and hit return to finish the tool.

gubar

# 5 22-11-2007 , 02:38 PM
you could also use the subdivide tool under edit polygons. user added image

# 6 03-09-2014 , 12:04 PM
The new multi-cut tool can also be used if you only want one vertex point it's really useful

# 7 06-09-2014 , 10:51 PM
look under edit mesh menu. insert edge-loop tool is useful for adding loops that looks like the neighbror edge-loops, bevel if you wanna add vertexes to smooth an edge out (usually for corners and actual edges on an object), interactive split tool is useful for adding loops that dont follow the edge-flow.

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^