Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 27-10-2014 , 05:10 PM

Problem edges look sketchy

Hi, I have just finished downloading maya 2015, but now there is an inside application problem, the edges aren´t very well defined, and so is an annoyance to my eyes to manage understanding where the edges are and aren´t especially when I am trying to move edges that are close to other edges since some disappear and reapear depending on how the camera angle hits the shape. It seems to only affect perspective view.

I am using an Intel i7, 4gb RAM, 2,4GHz, it worked perfectly with 2013 and 2014. So I dont know what is the matter. :/

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 27-10-2014 , 07:04 PM
EduSciVis-er
Does this happen with just a simple cube in a new scene after resetting the preferences? What graphics card do you use and are your drivers up to date? Finally, you could try turning on wireframe anti-aliasing in viewport 2.0, although that can reduce the responsiveness of the viewport.

My first thought is you've got overlapping meshes which can cause display problems.

# 3 10-11-2014 , 03:20 PM
I´ve got an Nvidia gt 555M, I think it´s too outdated for maya, but even with my intel i 7 2.50ghz it doesn´t work.
It´s not overlapping mesh since it happens with any object, yes even a cube in new scene and prefs. :/
Oh well, will have to wait to be able to afford a new pc.