Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-01-2015 , 12:46 PM

2015 Layer issues?

Hello all,

Im having a problem when using layers. It used to be really simple when I wanted to change an objects layer, all I had to do was select it, and add to whatever layer I wanted. Now it seems in order to change an objects layer, I have to empty the layer it was originally on first, then I can add it to another layer. The problem is that I will then have to reselect everything that was on the layer I emptied and re-add it. This is really annoying obviously.

Am I doing something wrong, or has anyone else run into this issue in Maya 2015?? Its been a while since I used Maya, but I don't ever remember this issue in the past.

Thank you all for your help!!!!