Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-01-2015 , 05:38 PM

Maya Sound sync and rendering with sound?

Hi. We can add sound on maya project in timeline. But how can we render it with sound?
I render my projects so:
I do batch render and save my all frames as _#.iff and I use a program for combine this iff files and convert to avi. Even so I cant hear any song or the quality is not very good despite of I cgoose rendering options high quality (1080p) on maya render options.
I convert avi without sound. Okey I will put voices on sony vegas. But I cant put voices stable.
For Example; I do an animation and there is a boy who is says "Hello my friends". This animation is 10 second on maya timeline. but when I render it it will be 15 second or less. So I cant put my sound as stable on my animation.

So my question is; Can't we do video render on maya without different program? And Can't we render with sounds?

Sorry for my poor english. Thank you. user added image

# 2 29-01-2015 , 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
Unless you're doing playblasts, then no I don't think you can. The sound in the Maya timeline is more of a helper feature. There are reasons why rendering straight to video from Maya is not usually done and some renderers don't even offer the option.

- Less control over the final look
- Vulnerable to data loss

Make sure your Maya frame rate and your compositing/video editing project frame rate are the same or you'll get mismatching running times. Also it sounds like you need to research better output settings in your video editing program.

- Genny