Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-04-2015 , 12:29 AM

Maya Rig Problem! Help!

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner animator and I was working on a scene when Maya crashed. When I opened my file the mesh and the rigging were separated,(view image below) the animation that I've done it's only working on the rig, it 's a nightmare because my last backup was before an entire action that I had already animated! If someone knows how to fix this it would help me a lot a save me lot of work to do. Thanks everyone!

user added image

# 2 10-04-2015 , 06:26 AM

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner animator and I was working on a scene when Maya crashed. When I opened my file the mesh and the rigging were separated,(view image below) the animation that I've done it's only working on the rig, it 's a nightmare because my last backup was before an entire action that I had already animated! If someone knows how to fix this it would help me a lot a save me lot of work to do. Thanks everyone!

Attachment 56626

That happened to me also, but I solved the problem by importing the character using "Reference Option" to the location where you want to use it, then I animated without any problem, try it may be it will work to you also

# 3 10-04-2015 , 02:18 PM
Hi, thanks for your answer! I 'm not sure I get it, I have to import my character from another scene to the scene where I have already created my animation? Is there anything I need to know to making the "reference option" work fine? Thank you!