Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 16-06-2015 , 12:44 AM

Paint Weights Issue. moving verts

hello evryone user added image

so im new to maya. and have had 1001 problems thus far. but have worked my way around the, but now im at a point where no matter what i do the problem persists.

im working on a character for a video game. i have everything working except one thing.

i have gone though 60+ joints painting them, locking as i go to. im at the final joint and any attempt to remove the paint or paint a joint with a value of 0 the mesh moves and i get an error.
// Warning: line 1: Weights could not be normalized due to locked influences.

so by what i have read is the tree cant be locked so i unlock the above joints and it works. but the one above now has new paint values. so i lock the original and fix the last joint. working my way back up to the top.
when i get to the top i run into the exact same issue. with the last joint.
// Warning: line 1: Weights could not be normalized due to locked influences.

what i need to do is flood the last joint with a value of 0 without the mesh moving or effecting the last joint. its took me well over 16 hours to go back and forth with this and really dont want to star all over again surely removing paint from 1 joint isnt impossible
here is a screenshot
Before the flood:
https://gyazo.com/c666af662448becb16e3e8ff3c7e864d

After the flood:
https://gyazo.com/90b576f16d9984f74bc74150b35e48be

speak to me like im an alien. im really new to this. user added imageuser added imageuser added image