Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 06-03-2003 , 10:34 PM
Subscriber

Maya Layout

Here's a screenshot of how I reduced my interface for working in Maya.
Encircled in red (last used tool, snap buttons and channelbox/toolbox/attribute editor) are the only tools that I still want to see on my screen.
Is there a way to get them in a new hotbox menu or marking menu?

It'd be nice to actually work in full screen space since I only have a 17" monitor and am working in 1152*864.

# 2 06-03-2003 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
sry, I forgat to add the pic:o
here it is:

# 3 06-03-2003 , 10:38 PM
Subscriber
ups, feel free to delete the previous msg administrator. sry about that.

# 4 06-03-2003 , 10:51 PM
You can create a shelf for those buttons, but you cant add the last used tool button as i changes all the time

user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 5 06-03-2003 , 11:01 PM
Subscriber
u dnt need a hotbox or anything cos there are hotkeys for them
attribute editor/layer view = ctrl A
snap to grid = hold x
snap to curve = hold c
snap to point = hold v

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 06-03-2003 , 11:33 PM
Subscriber
I check out what I can do with some custom made shelves. Hopefully they won't take up too much space.
as for the hotkeys, thx Nem. I'll attach a little paper to my monitor to learn them fast as I'm using them.
Is there a hotkey for the Toolsettingswindow? I mean the one that's attached like the channelbox. Not a floating window.

# 7 07-03-2003 , 12:02 AM
There's a tutorial in the vid section showing you how to make custom marking menus. Highly recommended.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 8 08-03-2003 , 02:53 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, if you use these a whole bunch, you could just make yourself a custom marking menu. It's really simple to do. =]

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 9 08-03-2003 , 12:20 PM
Subscriber
ya, I know how to make one (saw the vids here and at digitaltutors) but I can't see the code in my script editor when I hit the middle button at the right-top (show/hide toolsettings).
Does anyone know a way to get that in a menu?
As for the snap tools, I've learned those hotkeys by now.
I'll leave the toolbox on for now until I make myself a shelf with more than just 1 button (last used tool) in ituser added image.

# 10 10-03-2003 , 10:06 PM
It's just:

ToggleToolSettings;

# 11 10-03-2003 , 11:25 PM
Subscriber
oh i missed this the first time, but u also circled sumthing in the toolboxon the left, that buttons ur last tool button, hotkey for that is "Y"

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 12 11-03-2003 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber
thx Jozvex, I'll try that out tonight (at school nowuser added image) and Nem, thx for your answer but I already knew that buttonuser added image

I made 2 shelves for now (misc and poly), later to be added when I learn about the other techniques in Maya.
Since the Last used tool can't be in a shelf, I left the toolbox on so I can always see what the tool is set to.

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>