Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 12-08-2015 , 08:14 PM

Maya object texture issue

Hi everyone. I am rather new to modeling in Maya. I started to texture my character in Mudbox and then moved it over into Maya. Now it has some weird black blob texture on the object and it will not come off even when I change the texture or simple lambert. I will post a picture so you can see what I mean. ANy suggestions? I need help for my final turn in this weekend. Thanks!!

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 13-08-2015 , 12:21 PM
EduSciVis-er
Do you have a normal map or anything applied to the model? Can you show us a picture of the model with just a lambert applied to it as you say?

# 3 13-08-2015 , 01:17 PM
That actually is a picture of the model with just the Lambert basic texture applied. I even exported it to try and break any connections but nothing worked.

# 4 24-08-2015 , 03:42 AM
Super Moderator
Looks like something went screwy withe the surface normals. Might want to check them. Did you edit the model in Mudbox in any way? If not, just use the original mesh and apply the textures.

- Genny