Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-08-2015 , 03:33 PM

Model disappeared

Whenever I open up the model I was working on yesterday, nothing shows up in any of the view panels. I have tried using display>show all to no avail, and the problem carries over to the autosaves I made for this project. I have tried opening other files on this PC, and they worked fine.

Screenshot:
user added image

Is there any way I can auto-find any objects in this file? There is only one object.
Thank you!

# 2 26-08-2015 , 04:15 PM
hmmm screen shot is empty. If u don't mind making the file public, upload it and we can take a look and try to see what is wrong. Have you been saving in MB or MA format. Sometimes when you have these kind of problems saving in MA is helpful because the file is in readable text.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 26-08-2015 , 05:47 PM
I had it saved as an MB, so maybe switching to MA in the future will prevent this from happening again. I think I'll just start this particular model over again and see if I can avoid the issue.
Thanks for your response!

# 4 26-08-2015 , 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
I don't see a screenshot at all, image is missing. Also, is the object present in the Outliner?

- Genny
# 5 27-08-2015 , 02:36 PM
Subscriber
If the file is not corrupted I would check following things:
1. Outliner, do you have any object in the outliner beside the cameras, if yes, mark the object in the outliner and then click "f" to focus on it
2. You might have hidden the object accidentally, try if unhiding helps
3. Activate under Windows/settings-preferences/preferences the autosave function, this will avoid substantial loss on the file you are working on, rescued me already several times