Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-02-2016 , 05:17 PM

South park animation

Hey guys, i've been using maya for some weeks now, deciding to start my own animation. I just want to clarify something, about how south park, during animation switch their characters from their front view to side view or back view, is it with the use of set driven keys? Or am i getting something wrong. I need help please

# 2 03-02-2016 , 06:26 PM
EduSciVis-er
I don't know what they use, but yes, you could use set driven keys to drive the visibility of different character/objects. I'll plug my own tutorial showing how you can set up a custom attribute with a drop-down menu to drive this sort of thing.

https://youtu.be/ixvp_7-GpEQ starting at about the 9 minute mark. Hope it helps!

# 3 04-02-2016 , 04:02 PM
Thanks for the video stwert. I have lots of questions to ask though and need help with everything. My animation is more or less like south park's. I just wonder how they do their backgrounds because im pretty sure the camera view usually rendered is the front camera, but some backgrounds eg. insides of houses and buildings have perspectives and wonder how they do it. Can someone put me through

# 4 08-02-2016 , 02:11 PM
can anyone help?