Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-01-2017 , 10:33 PM

I'm back, lol

Holy cow guys, hello again!
Jay, Dave and others are still active here, lol!
It's been 7-8 years since i left this forum. I remembered that i've started learning Maya here and all of you guys helped me out.
I love to see that you are still around!

Here is some info what happened when i left the forum.
1) I've worked in a Hollywood based studio making short animations for year and a half.
2) After that i've worked in XS-Software on a space MMORPG for 2 years.
3) Then i decided to start my own company... made few mobile games, one of our game was published be EA games... Then i sold the company
4) With the money from the previous company i've opened a new one and still making 3D and games user added image

I'm sharing this coz i've started here, learned a lot and move on with my career.

I'm glad to be back and see that the forum is still active.
I'll be posting some of my work!

Best,
Coldwave

user added image

# 2 08-01-2017 , 10:57 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Dude welcome back!!!

Yeah we are still here, Ive only just gotten more active again because of work and basically life....the place is running still and theres some good stuff on the horizon

speak soon
Jay

# 3 09-01-2017 , 01:08 PM
SM Tea Boy
Welcome back, nice to hear that you're doing well user added image

Post up some links to your games
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 15-01-2017 , 08:41 PM
19 year Veteran
Good to see you again coldwave! Seven to eight years is a very long time away from SM. I would like to see more of old members come back.

# 5 16-01-2017 , 12:40 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome. The past one year i've been working on this project "Counter Attack". We are making a game like CS : GO for mobile user added image
Still a lot of work to do, but all the artwork you are seeing is mine (Of course lot inspiration from CS GO and similarity). I've done all the Game UI, modeling, texturing, animations, rigging, characters, map layout etc.

As a single artist working on that game it's super hard to tweak everything to be in perfection but slow and steady i'm improving a lot the artwork. However the task is super hard as optimization for low end devices comes and you need to be very careful with that, also as we all know very precise collision is a must and tons of small things on the way user added image

Here is a short trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urFXKarDRMI

If you want to test it out for Free, here are the links. I'm not making advertisement!
iOS: https://goo.gl/vJgUHN
Android: https://goo.gl/H4QgPV

Last edited by ColdWave; 16-01-2017 at 12:43 PM.