Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 61 05-03-2003 , 02:29 PM
Subscriber
looks good,,, but you have to improve the chest area, and the top of the head... looks some what awkard... i know it is supposed to be that way...but you can make it look awkard even better... do you get what i mean?

# 62 05-03-2003 , 03:01 PM
Hey guys after messing with this model for quite some time I have come to a road block. I have no idea where to go with this guy. Hmm... I might start with something else. I don't know
Grrr.
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 63 05-03-2003 , 03:13 PM
Subscriber
He looks like he might take to the air, how about some robotic wings or a hang glider type thing for him to pilot? He could be in some light armour for air borne recces- that way you could bring in some of your excellent plane modelling / mechanical skills to bear and give the whole piece a robotic feel while keeping him as the main focus.

# 64 05-03-2003 , 03:20 PM
Kevin

Originally posted by brian_ellebracht
Hey guys after messing with this model for quite some time I have come to a road block. I have no idea where to go with this guy. Hmm... I might start with something else. I don't know
Grrr.
Brian

dam sorry mate, hope it wasnt the oven thing?

mate - stick some legs on him, and it would be great, and yes it does like kinda "bird like" so maybe some bionic wings??

# 65 05-03-2003 , 03:21 PM
Kevin
or skinny little metal bird legs?

# 66 05-03-2003 , 04:11 PM
Subscriber
Yea, if you continue with this i would go giving him a lot more rounded shape.. and not trying to make it look soo much like skin. Then i would try to model the insides to a degree, that attatches onto sheets of metal which would make up the same general shape you have so far..... but yea, just remember.. this is a futuristic robot/mech challenge.. and if you submit a totally organic model.. or a model with a little chip on its head.. then thats not valid. It still has to have that robotic look to it user added image. Ok, cya.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 67 05-03-2003 , 04:33 PM
M, you seem to lack faith in my ideas user added image I know it is starting out looking organic, but I promise you that in the end, it will look nothing like it does in the begaining. This is kinda like sketching for me, just trying to get some ideas on the board. Don't worry it will be very robotic. user added image Umm... THanks for all of the ideas everybody!! Decided to start another guy while I think about what I am going to do with him. SO... Just for fun, here is the start of another robot. THnaks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 68 05-03-2003 , 04:57 PM
Subscriber
Amazing. Great work brian... I dont loose faith in ya bud, its just that was looking sooo organic, like the skin and ribs and everything. I will just keep my mouth shut about that stuff and watch it grow user added image. That new one you made, i love the head user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 69 05-03-2003 , 05:46 PM
Hello M, since you liked the head of the last robot, I decided to mess with it a little more, here is where i am now, What do you think? THanks alot for your replies everybody. Esp M.
Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 70 05-03-2003 , 07:00 PM
Yet another update on this guy... Hey... I think I know what I am going to do with the Skinny Guy!!
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 71 05-03-2003 , 07:35 PM
here is the next update...

Please check
My (old) website!
# 72 05-03-2003 , 07:36 PM
Subscriber
hmm how did you make the holes for those strings Brian?

I just want to know YOUR method user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 73 05-03-2003 , 07:46 PM
This should help thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 74 05-03-2003 , 07:53 PM
...always wondered about that....

You are mainly using SubD's right?

Lookin GREAT man!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 75 05-03-2003 , 08:07 PM
I didn't start using Subd's untill this Proj actually, but now I will allways use them!
Brian
Much easier to deal with

Please check
My (old) website!