Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-03-2003 , 09:40 PM
Simply Maya OG

New Alien Character

Allright guys, here is the result of being bored in 7th period study hall(skool) today. I know he looks abit funny, mainly cause i cant draw for beans. Its name is Jimbo Feeble. Gonna be animating him after I model him. Thinking about using Sub-Divs, then convert to polys when I texture. Whatcha guys think? Oh, and I know I spelled Feeble wrong on the pic, and that thing between his legs is his tail. user added image

- Hybrid
# 2 04-03-2003 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber
I think he will have a lot of character with his tail, and his hillarious wide eyes! user added image

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 3 06-03-2003 , 02:27 AM
Simply Maya OG
Started modeling him tonight. Its going along pretty nicely so far. I made his legs, but they looked all messed up, so Im gonna remake 'em. C&C welcome user added image

- Hybrid

Last edited by I-Iybrid; 06-03-2003 at 02:44 AM.
# 4 06-03-2003 , 02:44 AM
Subscriber
Hey this is looking good user added image. Keep it up and make sure you do the same for the neck as you did for the arms (kinda blend the neck into the head). Should be very cool user added image.

EDIT - Nice green added, gives a feel of the overall model user added image. I dont personally like the default grey on black user added image. GJ

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 5 06-03-2003 , 06:19 AM
definitively an alien.... take a look at the arms... most lifeforms have arms which have the same length...

and what M said is correct: the different body parts should blend into each other... it gives a more creature look

# 6 06-03-2003 , 07:57 PM
Simply Maya OG

Originally posted by abra
take a look at the arms... most lifeforms have arms which have the same length...

The arms are supposed to be different sizes. I made it like that on purpose. user added image

- Hybrid
# 7 07-03-2003 , 12:44 AM
Simply Maya OG
Added his legs. I think they look abit wierd tho.....looks like I have alot of work to do still.

- Hybrid
# 8 07-03-2003 , 02:17 AM
Simply Maya OG
Got GI Joe up and running user added image Heres an update of his head rendered with GI Joe.

- Hybrid
# 9 07-03-2003 , 02:32 AM
Subscriber
WWWWWWOW, thats bright user added image. Heh, what i think you should do is either dont do a GI joe render, or instead, make the green on the character SUPER dark.. so that it becomes bright. BTW, the legs are cool, but i feel they are a bit too far apart, even for your model user added image. Coming along nice though.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 10 08-03-2003 , 05:04 PM
Simply Maya OG
Ya, the GI Joe render was just a test, to see if it worked or not. About the legs, now that I look at it, they do look abit wide. Ill have to fix that. user added image

- Hybrid
# 11 08-03-2003 , 05:07 PM
Subscriber
Just adjust the brightness down on your GI_Joe settings and it should look fine.

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 12 08-03-2003 , 10:49 PM
Subscriber
you might wanna check out the alien tetxuring tutorial at digital tutors. I think your alien funny has lots of character.

hmmm...