Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-03-2003 , 02:25 PM

Dodgy Hard Edges

Im new to MAYA, really new!

How can i sort these dodgy edges? Theyre still visible if smooth and sub-divide - any thoughts?

user added image

# 2 26-03-2003 , 02:34 PM
Subscriber
keep splitting and arrange the vertexes.. should do it..i sugggest using MJ Polytools... available on maya3d.dk

# 3 26-03-2003 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
my question is.. are they very smoth in wire frame ? becouse I have noticed if I use the merge edge tool on polys the shading always looks unsmoth along the seams untill its converted to like subD's

if your wire fraim is smoth you might need to avrige your normals.

in the noobie opinion.

# 4 26-03-2003 , 03:04 PM
Kevin
merge it all, select edges...use the soften harded... might have to play with the normals if it is still the same user added image

# 5 26-03-2003 , 06:04 PM
if its subD's then you might have set the edge to full crease.. change that to no creasing (atleast that is what I think its called user added image )

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 6 26-03-2003 , 06:06 PM
The Maya Mountain
Could be hanging vertices or normals are flipped.