Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 15-04-2003 , 02:00 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by adldesigner
Budists call this process ilumination. user added image

Programmers call its assembler :p

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 17 15-04-2003 , 02:02 AM

Originally posted by David
Programmers call its assembler :p

I call it: Holy sh*t! I got it! :p

# 18 15-04-2003 , 02:08 AM
SM Tea Boy
LOL time to get of then net when your laughing at the programming jokes user added image

Mate jump on to IRC if you have a sec user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 19 15-04-2003 , 02:20 AM

Originally posted by David

Mate jump on to IRC if you have a sec user added image

Working on it.

# 20 15-04-2003 , 02:31 AM
SM Tea Boy

Working on it.

LOL np i dare say danny will turn up in a min user added image

David user added image

# 21 15-04-2003 , 02:34 AM
SM Tea Boy

Working on it.

LOL np i dare say danny will turn up in a min user added image

David user added image

My connection is also having probs so if im not there gimmie 5 user added image

# 22 15-04-2003 , 05:51 AM
Being a programer my self, id say your right. Once you learn the underlying coding of the programs, you will quickly learn how the calculations work. If you can understand that, you can get to understand how different tools effect different calculation, and therefore mathmatical out put, and there for visual out put. How ever, this only goes as far as modeling, animation and dynamics. Texturing is just a plain art.

However. There is no James Bond. Some people can shoot like him, some drive cars like him, other are that great with women. No one person can do everything James can, and no one person can do everything Maya can to the full extent of the programs abilities. If someone could, then AW neeeds to make the program harder. LOL.

my 2 cents.
L8er

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 23 15-04-2003 , 11:30 AM

Originally posted by JeremiahJN
Oh and I thought I'd tell you, you can use Polygons > Booleans > Subtraction to make the hole for your Jack-In-The-Box. Hope this bit of insight helps in becoming a better 3D artist.

Thanks for all ya help.I didn´t know that maya profs take care of n00bs.

I made the hole with Extrude face.

# 24 17-04-2003 , 08:06 PM
AHHH....I need more ideas...

I don´t know what to model now. My inspiration is like an empty bootle.

*EDIT

... the last sentence is kinda senseless ...

# 25 17-04-2003 , 08:10 PM
If you don't have inspiration, don't force it. Take a walk. Look at the nature. Clear your mind. You never know what crazy ideas you'll come up with. Then put it in 3D user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 26 18-04-2003 , 09:44 PM

Originally posted by kbrown
If you don't have inspiration, don't force it. Take a walk. Look at the nature. Clear your mind. You never know what crazy ideas you'll come up with. Then put it in 3D user added image

Beer helps too sometimes. user added image

# 27 18-04-2003 , 09:54 PM
yes...drinking beer in a bar while looking at some naked chicks is the best way to get inspirated user added image
oh...you changed your member title from n00b learning maya to Profesional Critic. lol

# 28 18-04-2003 , 10:01 PM

Originally posted by EagleKing
oh...you changed your member title from n00b learning maya to Profesional Critic. lol

Lol, I thought I´ve been commenting so much, I might as well let people now I´m a bit of a critic. user added image
Hopefully I haven´t offended anyone by it.

# 29 18-04-2003 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber

Hopefully I haven´t offended anyone

ditto me lol

# 30 19-04-2003 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber
I think you have to keep going at it and every time you learn something new then, the next time you are working on a model and you just do that thing you think, wow I actually learnt something! It might help to stand back from your model and think last week I could not have done that, not, wow someone else would have done that better.

I'd recommend starting with some tutorials- the ones on this site are excellent and I learnt some jolly things from them. I bought a couple of books as well. I'm sure some people can just pick up modelling from messsing about with the programme, but I have found the structure of tutorials helpful myself.

I look at other peoples work and think I can't do that now, I may never do that, but I'm going to keep trying to improve. Maya is an incredibly complex programme; you can't master it overnight. I doubt, as it is a hobby thing for me and I don't have time to do much with it but dabble, that I will ever master it, but as long as every model is a teeny bit better than the last or does something new, that's enough for me. I don't have any aspirations to do this for a living though.

Finding a forum where experienced people are willing to help is a real bonus I think. The other forums I have visited tend to have a lot of people who are intolerant of total noobies and people that ask questions and indeed amateurs- thats not the case here at all and that's really great I think. I have also found the challenges useful to focus on something to model.

Modelling is just like web spinning though for me- if at first, second and third you don't succeed, try try again. After all hidden in everyones maya folder are some things they would rather forget too user added image

Last edited by Witchy; 19-04-2003 at 07:19 PM.