Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 24-04-2003 , 10:32 AM

SHADER

hello everyone,

I have one question. I want my model to be transparent in view port but without using 32bit tga file(with alpha). It not work for me because it's big file, can I work around with...for example png file our jpg.Some how to fake but still to get result like I am useing 32bit tga.

thanks
user added image

# 2 24-04-2003 , 05:07 PM
The Maya Mountain
what about adjusting the transparancy slider of your material?

# 3 24-04-2003 , 06:25 PM
what do you mean? I don't understand...
I want transperemcy in view port...

# 4 24-04-2003 , 06:28 PM
The Maya Mountain
if you make your material transparant, then the object(s) it is assigned to will be transparant in your view as well.

However, transparancy maps will not necessarily show in the view. You could use an alpha channel to do that.

# 5 24-04-2003 , 06:34 PM
You can turn on Xray mode in the view panel as well (under the view panel menu, Shading > Shade Options). There is also a MEL script for this in the Downloads Area now.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 25-04-2003 , 10:07 AM
thanks guys...

but that is not what I am looking for.I think that Maya only support 32bit TGA and also every other file that have alpha chanel...I try every way I know to don't use aplha and to get the same result like I am useing alpha chanel....

thank you all for your answers

donvlatko