Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 14-05-2003 , 04:34 AM
Subscriber

strange texture when rendering

Hello!

Look at the image attached. I had this surface, which is maed of several levels of boolean operations and face extruding, and then I applied a Lambert material to it, and then a 2D texture called wall7 (which I got from the Shader Library).

Why is it all scrambled? Which parameters should I change to get it working correctly?

I have already tried a lot of differente setting, but as I`m a complete newbie, I can`t get it right!

Thank you very much
Daniel

user added image

# 2 14-05-2003 , 04:36 AM
Looks to me like it isn´t UV mapped.

Check the documentation or the videos on this site to understand texturing polygonal models.

# 3 03-06-2003 , 06:33 PM
Yea its a UV map problem.
The UV's are all messd up at that point on the surface.Also doing booleans can sometimes mess things up.

# 4 03-06-2003 , 09:40 PM
Subscriber
Thanx to you all, folks... I remapped the UV and it worked!

best regards
Daniel

<font size="1"><strong>"The hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes"
<em>Goethe</em></strong></font>