Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 22-05-2003 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber

Help with Modeling Muscles

Hey guys, I’m looking for help with Muscles on my model, if any one knows a good tutorial I would be grateful for your help. user added image
this is my first Attempt with a human model
user added image

And If you see any thing I’m doing wrong please don’t be shy point it out and after your done laughing please show me what you think.[

# 2 22-05-2003 , 06:09 AM
Subscriber
Sniff Sniff, No LuV for Da Dog boyuser added image

# 3 22-05-2003 , 12:56 PM
Subscriber
a good start for tutorial is your manual. if you go to using maya -> character setup. there is a lot of ideas on how to create flexors. you could go to the rigid skinning section and read about creating flexors. other way could be to use blendshapes or other deformers. and then use a sdk to have the blendshape automatically adjust when you bend the arm.

hope that gets you started

# 4 22-05-2003 , 04:32 PM
Subscriber
I guess I could read the manual now, but when your new every thing looks and reads like Japanese user added image I'm trying to be lazzy:p

# 5 24-05-2003 , 12:34 PM
become a member thats what i did. now im good at 3d.

# 6 27-05-2003 , 03:29 AM
When I first started with Maya, everything seemed like they were talking Klingonese. Virtually nothing made sense.

It doesn't take long until it suddenly becomes clear, but at the expense of severe headaches, lots of tylenol, massive frusration and slamming your head against the wall.

Somewhere in all of that an epiphany occurs and things become clear.....

First place is NOT good enough.......
# 7 27-05-2003 , 04:14 AM
I know you are going to hate me for this, but the best tutorial you can do is try and try and try.... and try... Nothing like practice. I am learning like you are, and the best stuff I ever came up with was thanks to those times I said "I wonder what this command does", or "I wonder what happens if I do this". I probably have every Maya book on the planet, and they are good for reference, but the best comes from the effort you put in it.
Keep up the good work, ok?

Sy
# 8 27-05-2003 , 05:09 AM
Subscriber
HE HE yea I’m working at it, at a snails pace but I’m coming along, but hey thanks for the reply, believe it or not it inspires me to keep going. I’m working on the face now, it’s a challenge but ill get there. user added image

# 9 27-05-2003 , 10:19 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by R-Tillery
HE HE yea I’m working at it, at a snails pace but I’m coming along, but hey thanks for the reply, believe it or not it inspires me to keep going. I’m working on the face now, it’s a challenge but ill get there. user added image

snails pace? dont expect wonders. i suggest before you try to create complex things as muscles to first learn to model and model and model. learn how easy it can be to create different muscle definition by pulling only a few verts or cvs around.

happy mayaing user added image

# 10 27-05-2003 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by BabyDuck
snails pace? dont expect wonders. i suggest before you try to create complex things as muscles to first learn to model and model and model. learn how easy it can be to create different muscle definition by pulling only a few verts or cvs around.

happy mayaing user added image

I got the majority of the Muscle knowledge of pulling and moving on the faces and vertexes it’s just the definition on the abs and the B-hind area’s that have me stumpeduser added image

# 11 29-05-2003 , 03:31 AM
3dcafe.com has a tutorial for muscles, if you want to check it out. I haven't tried it myself, because I am not registered, so I can't tell you how it is.

Sy