Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-12-2022 , 03:22 PM

Arnold Shading Problem

Hi,

I am relatively new to Maya, especially texturing.
I ran into a problem with my normal maps when I tried to finalize my render of my Fender guitar.

There is an issue on the border of my 2 UV maps I can't seem to sort out. From a certain angle, the reflection makes it seem like the surface doesn't align. I tested the render without the normal maps and then the problem goes away, therefore I assume the normal maps cause the issue.

The normal maps were created in Substance Painter and I made sure I don't use any height info on the edge of the guitar. In Maya, I use soft edges, I attached a screenshot of the normals, the UV mesh, and the render.
My 2d bump attributes are used as Tangent Space Normals. The bump map color space is set to RAW.

Any help would be much appreciated

Attached Thumbnails