Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-07-2003 , 06:57 PM

Command to select all material?

Hi, I'm using MayaPLE and wonder if there are any command to select a specific material all over the model, instead of selecting face by face?

# 2 06-07-2003 , 08:09 PM
I'm not entirely clear what you want to do. Do you want to select all materials assigned to a specific object? Or...?

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 06-07-2003 , 08:11 PM
mmh.... I don't exactly know what you mean.
just select the model and then assign material to selection.
But object mode must be on

# 4 06-07-2003 , 09:03 PM
Let's say if I have one big object with 3 or 4 different materials on it. Now I wanna change the scaling of the texture I have - let's say on material nr 3 - instead of selecting face by face which have the material nr 3, is there anyway to select all faces with material nr 3 at once?

I mean it takes so long time to select each face with material nr 3, so I wish I could select one face and then there was a command like Select Matching Material or something.

You got it?

Last edited by Opium; 06-07-2003 at 09:07 PM.
# 5 06-07-2003 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
If you go into the hypershade and right click on the material and chose 'select objects with material' that should show up the parts of the model that have that material assigned to them.

# 6 06-07-2003 , 09:13 PM
Ah...here we go! The hypershader!
Thanks for help!