Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 30-07-2003 , 07:56 AM

Mental Ray download

Hello,

I read that you'll need to download Mental Ray 1.5.1 for Maya 4.5 unlimited. Is it true that Mental Ray in not already in the 4.5 pakache? but only in the 5.0

AliasWavefront redisigned their website so the link to download Mental Ray was giving an error page.
I searched the whole site but could't find where to download Mental Ray.

Can someone give me some advice?

Thanks!!!

# 2 30-07-2003 , 11:15 AM

error on page

# 3 10-08-2003 , 12:03 AM
I can download it... Can I tell something else? user added image
Uhh, yeah...

Got another probnlem, with the installation. He just creates a new folder somewhere else, not in the Maya 4.5 directory. So, I changed that, but it is not included in Maya... user added image
Maybe it´s cause IRe-installed Win XP, but did not Re-install Maya?

Add me please
(I want to improve both english AND 3d skills)
MSN: Bryce5@gmx.net
# 4 10-08-2003 , 04:04 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Bryce
I can download it... Can I tell something else? user added image
Uhh, yeah...

Got another probnlem, with the installation. He just creates a new folder somewhere else, not in the Maya 4.5 directory. So, I changed that, but it is not included in Maya... user added image
Maybe it´s cause IRe-installed Win XP, but did not Re-install Maya?

yes, you should reinstall maya after reinstalling winxp. this way mr knows where it has to install itself ...

# 5 10-08-2003 , 04:07 PM
Vampus
Can us cheapskate PLErs use MR? user added image

# 6 10-08-2003 , 04:14 PM
Subscriber

Re: error on page

Originally posted by Arce
https://www.alias.com/eng/support/may...fm_1_5_1.jhtml

But there is something wrong with it!

there is nothing wrong with it. i just downloaded it from the page and got it to install just fine. maybe you mistyped your username or password ??

hope that helps

# 7 10-08-2003 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Vampus
Can us cheapskate PLErs use MR? user added image

nope, only works with commercial maya. in ple5 the maya rendering will be disabled - so unfortunatley not for ple users. user added image

edit: i meant mental ray rendering is disabled in ple, not the maya default renderer (limited to 1024x768 w/ watermark).

Last edited by BabyDuck; 10-08-2003 at 04:31 PM.
# 8 10-08-2003 , 04:25 PM
Vampus
Are you serious? No one using PLE5 can render at all?!? How the heck are you meant to learn if you can't render?

# 9 10-08-2003 , 04:29 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Vampus
Are you serious? No one using PLE5 can render at all?!? How the heck are you meant to learn if you can't render?

mental ray rendering is disabled, vector render is disabled, and i not sure if hardware render works. but the default maya renderer works (with a watermark).

p.s.: opps i just see that i put maya rendering in the other post - my bad user added image

# 10 10-08-2003 , 04:50 PM
Vampus
*slaps Ducky for making him worry*