Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-08-2003 , 09:48 PM

Help with Layers Please

hello all user added image

Well I got my Maya Fundamentals 4.5 book and so far I love it. But leave it to me screw something up lol
Im working on a scene now where I created water and some mountains jutting out of it (Chapt 4 if you have the book) and now Im at the point where I create the boat (which will sail across it if I dont screw something else up lol)
I followed directions (to the best of my knowledge) to assign the water group to its own layer. Then did teh same to the groundplane.
Before creating boat I needed to hide both layers. Which I did but clicking on the box in the layer palette with the V in it. Both layers are now hidden. Except now when I create the both it always wants to be on the Ground layer. EVerything I create the boat I cant see it. But when I put the V back in the ground layer... voila theres my half cone. Why is the boat becoming part of the ground layer when the ground layer is hidden? How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks Harvezter

# 2 03-08-2003 , 10:11 PM
[Note: This was answered in IRC]

Go to the Options menu in the Layers box. Uncheck "Use Current Layer". All new objects will be assigned to the default scene layer.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 03-08-2003 , 10:16 PM
Thank you Danny user added image

and heres all the smiles I couldnt send in chat lol

user added image user added image user added image user added image lol

# 4 04-08-2003 , 10:07 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dannyngan
[Note: This was answered in IRC]

Go to the Options menu in the Layers box. Uncheck "Use Current Layer". All new objects will be assigned to the default scene layer.

oh wow, i did not know there is a "use current layer" - i usually right after creating move the selected to the correct layer. learn something every day.