Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 08-08-2003 , 02:50 PM
Subscriber

What's underneath the hood?

Howdy

I'm thinkig about buying a new and more powerful computer to get down to some serious Maya buisness.

So if you have a computer that really rocks or is good enough for Maya 4.5 please feel free to share some info about it. By the way I'm a gamer too so if you know of a graphic card that works great with both, please let me know.

Have a good one

user added image

# 2 08-08-2003 , 03:34 PM
Subscriber
I use an AMD 2600+ with 1gb of PC2700 DDR RAM, on a MSI KT4 Ultra motherboard. For graphics I have a ATI Radeon 9700 128mb and an audigy sound card for those mp3:s. It works really good. Since I, like you, am a gamer I like how the 9700 handles games and maya both. I would recommend something along the lines of a Intel 2.4ghz (800mhz bus, highly overclockable) with an i865PE motherboard and some 1gb+ of pc3200 ram, for graphics its hard, but I like the 9700.

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.

Last edited by fredriksson; 08-08-2003 at 03:37 PM.