Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-08-2002 , 09:16 PM

Texture Problem!

I am currently making a penguin character and I am have trouble texturing it. What I'm trying to do is just paint the penguins belly white and leave the rest a dark gray. The problem picture is below.

Thanks

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />
# 2 15-09-2002 , 05:26 AM
Well, there are a number of ways you could go about this.

FIRST thing I would do, is check out the VIP UV texturing tut by Craig! That will give you a GREAT start, and perfect theory on how to texture in Maya.

Another idea off the top of my head is that you could position a 2D ramp texture so that the white portion of a ramp is over the belly area of your , ur, bellyuser added image hehe...

Give Craigs video tut a look, you'll learn a LOT! ...I diduser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com