Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-08-2002 , 06:00 AM

Starting with Maya

alright guys, im going to start giving maya a shot. maybe ill put 3d max on hold for a bit. so what's the best way to learn this beast of a app?i already have access to the software.

on a side note. how the hell to you open up windows like the toolbar after you close them???? i know its simple but right now im totally intimidated.

thanx.

Stephen MacNeil
# 2 23-08-2002 , 06:15 AM
SM Alumni
Look at the very top for the menu item Window, then go to UI Elements, here you can show or hide the various interfaces. When you learn to use the spacebar, you can go to Hide UI Elements and have just a viewport user added image Hold the spacebar down and see what I mean user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 3 23-08-2002 , 06:44 AM
ah, i see. user interface options, makes sense. thanks:banana: :banana: :banana:

Stephen MacNeil
# 4 23-08-2002 , 05:42 PM
Subscriber
as for learning, i would say just go thru the instant maya tut file that comes with the program, thats not all that bad, gd place to start

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 09-09-2002 , 09:15 AM
Check out the following site:

gnomon online

They have excellent video tutorials for you to get well known in maya