Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-12-2003 , 03:47 AM
The Maya Mountain

Nov/Dec Final Normal Entries

Post your finals here! Only final entries, please. If you'd like to comment on them, please do so at their original thread.

Final entires should be no larger than 640x480. If you'd like to post larger images, please link to them from your own hosting. Feel free to post wires, texture maps, etc and describe your entry.

Thanks!

# 2 17-12-2003 , 06:01 PM
Subscriber
Here is my Final. Used paint effects for the hair and Photoshop map for the face (although the full shot washes out all the detailuser added image), all the rest is basically proceedural. Raytraced the final image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 27-12-2003 , 01:04 AM
Subscriber
Heres my final image for the comp. The idea was to create Gollum as a tramp with an alley as the setting.
Everything has been polygon modelled using basic split poly and merging techniques. Final image rendered with Mental Ray , photoshop used in some of the textures and shaders created for others.
Poster image in background was sourced from the net.

Final image:
https://www.screameagles.com/gollum/gollum_16.jpg
Wire:
https://www.screameagles.com/gollum/wire.jpg
Pre_render:
https://www.screameagles.com/gollum/pre_render.jpg

"Hear That Thunder"!!
# 4 31-12-2003 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber
im going to go with AARRRGGGHHH
bysides my crap effort good luck to everyone

Attached Files
File Type: zip gandf.zip (837.4 KB, 199 views)

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 5 01-01-2004 , 07:19 AM
Subscriber
Final.

Hear it is. Sorry its not all I wanted.. I had a problem with the hair at the last minuet. But I still don't think its to bad for my first time at doing lots of difrent things on this. Learned alot and had a lot of fun. Thanks to all that suported my thread.

Happy new year.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 01-01-2004 , 01:56 PM
Subscriber
Thought I would post some notes about my render. I didn't think about it when I made the post with the render and I did not think it a good idea to edit the origanal.

In short. This is pore quality for what I feel I can do. But I learned a hole lot. I now know why I haven't seen any realistic horse much. There fur, textureing is very hard and not much info out there on it.

Other miner notes. This render has the PFX hair on the horse. Sorry for the crappy angle of the render. There texture map for the skin and bump fully on both models. They don't show up very well at that distance. Both smooth. There are blindshaps, constraints, and SDK's on the leg. Its animatable.

Oh thanks to IceQueen for info about the PFX hair. Also ChrisH, Kevin, Kurt, and many others for there sharp eyes.