Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 31 05-09-2002 , 06:36 PM
SM Alumni
Looking at your sub one name comes to mind- Roger Dean! I think your sub would look great in that sort of a setting. I know it's a modeling only challenge, but I'd still like to see what you would come up with for a scene with this user added image Maybe after the month is over? user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.
# 32 05-09-2002 , 07:51 PM
Supreme Being
it comin' along fiiine.. :p

# 33 06-09-2002 , 04:20 PM
Subscriber

Dirty Water

Added a testrender of the ship, with some volumetric light and stuff. Will continue modeling soon. But until the next update this image has to be enough ;O))

C&C

b u l l e t

# 34 07-09-2002 , 08:06 AM
I´m betting my money on this one ... looks too great.
Keep up the good work!

By the way .. are those lofts? i mean the body and the fins.

adldesigner
Ccs, Venezuela

# 35 07-09-2002 , 10:34 AM
Supreme Being
bullet it's lookin' sweet man.. user added image

# 36 07-09-2002 , 10:52 AM
Subscriber

Modelling Techniques

"By the way .. are those lofts? i mean the body and the fins."
[B]

The main body is a sphere rotated 90° selected the last isoparm and detached the isoparm. Then in side view I've pushed and pulled some rows ov CV's to get the rough shape. After that i've projected several Curves on the surface, trimming it (not the best way to get holes into a nurbs surface, but the fastest one). The fins are simple nurbs-cylinders with some tweaking. The "skin" between is a simple Birail made with 4 Curves (made two straight "curves" with EP-Curve-tool to fit the direction of the cylinder I've mentioned before. than i've created two new curves, fitting to the end of the curves I've created before (Point Snapping). One on the one side, the other on the bottom. Pulling some CV's of the connection curves I've birailed the four curves. That's it.

Hope it helped a bit

b u l l e t

# 37 07-09-2002 , 10:58 AM
Kevin
very nice looking sub mate... you have presented it very nicely to!

nice job

# 38 07-09-2002 , 11:05 AM
Subscriber

Fast View

Just a fast scene with the Ship itself. Nothing really useful for the challenge, beacause it's quite dark, and the darkness sucks lot's of the modelling... but who cares...;O)))

b u l l e t

# 39 07-09-2002 , 12:08 PM
Subscriber

TimeLapse

# 40 10-09-2002 , 05:41 AM

Whoa!

Thanks!

Had a blast watching those timelapse vids! (I have an urge to actually model .. but hell! guess throwing myself from 11 mts high to the ocean grabbed some of my attention this week)

Anyway ... thanks again for those videos, glad to know there´s people thinking in "the -other-guys" .. LOL

Cya ...

adldesigner
Jantiel, Curacao

# 41 10-09-2002 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber

TimeLapse

No Problem..was just interested if I could make these kinds of videos on my own. Thinking about creating some of them as kind of tutorial for some friends. It's great fun ;O)))

# 42 11-09-2002 , 10:30 PM

BEA-UT-I-FUL My Friend!

Best one so far, imho...

Cheers.

TH

# 43 12-09-2002 , 12:49 PM
Subscriber

Finish

Thx man....

I'm far from being finished with that thingie...have to model the rear fins...maybe some Torpedo-tubes...whatever...not quite clear what's missing...any suggestions ?

b u l l e t

# 44 13-09-2002 , 06:12 PM

Still my favorite one!

Hey BulletProof, Great Sub!

By the way, i saw you asking for suggestions so I might as well give it a try. user added image

How far do you want to take the sub? Because I thought "well This Sub might be some sort of Sub detaching from a Big Momma Sub, as if this one is some sort of personal exploring unit" ... Maybe that would give you the chance to actually envision another Sub with a larger scale and it would give us another chance at watching some more great modelling from you. user added image

Happy modelling!

adldesigner
Jantiel, Curacao

# 45 25-09-2002 , 09:46 PM
Subscriber

Entry

Is anything missing for a valid entry ?