Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 12-01-2004 , 03:44 AM

Nature's Fourth

I thought this one was absof--kinglutly fantastic.....

user added image

One goes up, the other goes down! This 2001 fourth of July celebration was coupled with Mother Nature's own salute to the ol' US of A. Rebecca was simply hoping to get a few pictures of fireworks... but this one ended up in the lightning gallery! The image was captured on a medium format camera at the Fountain Park in Fountain Hills, Arizona.

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.

Last edited by PonysGirl; 12-01-2004 at 03:53 AM.
# 32 12-01-2004 , 03:56 AM
z1mmnd14
That is a fabulous picture.. that's what I call the dragon's view....

# 33 12-01-2004 , 08:12 AM
Subscriber
PonysGirl yeah that's it! user added image awsome stuff

Like 5 or so years ago i saw something about it on discovery channel...but it has been a long time and forgot what they were called. Thanks again user added image

The only constant is change...
# 34 12-01-2004 , 12:35 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
Liquid Hot MagmmMA

ROFLMAO!

That'll do donkey... that'll do...
# 35 12-01-2004 , 01:20 PM
Elemenopee,

You are welcome... was my pleasure. I found some cool stuff looking for that picture, so THANK YOU !!!!!

# 36 12-01-2004 , 03:05 PM
mmh... im surprised noone posted a aurora boreal pic yet...
beatiful, yet its radiation arriving to medium/lower atmosphere... so i bet it cant be much healthy...

# 37 12-01-2004 , 03:32 PM
Subscriber
I wish I lived outside the city and got a chance to see one of these

user added image

# 38 12-01-2004 , 04:11 PM
that's the northern lights right? I used to live in shetland which is one of the best places in the world to see them... i never did though user added image

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 39 12-01-2004 , 04:35 PM
Subscriber
I'm not sure how common they are. I'm not even sure how they are created. I do leave Toronto every once in awhile and go up north to the cottage but I don't thing its far enough to see these.

# 40 12-01-2004 , 06:44 PM
They are pretty common, specially when there are solar flares.
Phisics call the magnetically charged particles coming from the sun "sun wind" when it comes to earth it is displaced following the lines of the magnetic field of earth, when those charged particles hit the medium/lower atmosphere molecules they emit photons (light). The color of the "aurora boreal" depends on what type of atoms the particles are colliding(and i guess that as the atmosphere has layers of different density gasses it can give an idea of the altitude where the collisions are taking place).
That also means that all the radiation wich should collide with the earth is deflected to and concentrated on (or "near" to) the magnetic poles... and it comes very close to the ground...

Also i would like to spend a week anywhere on the "artic polar circle" I´ve heared that there, due to sun/earth relative positions, theres a week a year when the sun never sets, just travels arround the sky...

Last edited by dragonfx; 12-01-2004 at 06:52 PM.