Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 26-02-2004 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber

Rendering Problems

Hi,

I'm running Maya 4.0 on a P4 2.3GHz PC (Win2k / Service Pack 3) 1.5GB RAM

I'm trying to render some animation I've made for a showreel. All was working well up until today:

1) When trying to render the animation I get the error msg 'Cannot create render log file'

2) Also, when starting to render I get the msg 'render completed.CmayaRENDER Log.txt for info' but nothing actually renders.

I've rebooted several times. I have plenty of free Hard Drive space (30GB). I noticed that my local temp directory is quite huge (10GB of maya temp files). I don't know if this has anything to do with it though, or whether or not I need these temp files?

Any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Jasi user added image

# 2 27-02-2004 , 02:01 AM
The Maya Mountain
Shouldn't hurt to delete the temp files.

Usually when I see it "render complete" without rendering something, I have tried one of two things with almost always success.

1) This one generally doesn't work, but doesn't hurt to try. File > Optimize Scene Size.

2) This one usually works, although a bit of a pain. Select everything, export into a new file, render from there.

# 3 27-02-2004 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, will try that.

Regarding my first point:

"1) When trying to render the animation I get the error msg 'Cannot create render log file'"

Do you have any suggestions for that error at all?

Many thanks.
Jasi