Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 19-01-2004 , 05:29 AM
Subscriber

unsupported codec

when trying to play some of the "older" tutorials, f.e. split poly, sm-rendering, sm-paint1 (all .wmv) I cannot receive any sound (picture only).
I am using a Powerbook G4, OS X 10.3.2, WMP 7.1.3.

I get the attached message before playing starts.
Thanks for any assistance

Attached Images

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

# 2 19-01-2004 , 07:11 AM
Subscriber

The only constant is change...

# 3 20-01-2004 , 02:26 AM
Subscriber
I did download the 9.0 version - unfortunately I still don't have any sound.
I hope there is another solution (?)
Does anyone have the same problem?
One of the downloaded videos that don't work:
https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=45
I downloaded it again and get still the unsopported codec message (and no sound)

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

# 4 20-01-2004 , 02:48 AM
Subscriber
ok i downloaded the file opened it up...it played fine (although i am using XP...) anyways i was able to find that the file is encoded in the ACELP.net codec...did some seraching and found this webpage...hopefully it'll help ya
https://www.skydiveswflorida.com/machelp.htm

# 5 20-01-2004 , 03:53 AM
Subscriber

# 6 20-01-2004 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber
if there are any where like you just can't live without the sound...i would be willing to convert em to something more mac friendly...i'm thinking along the lines of using divx or xvid for video (whichever is more mac friendly), and mp3 for sound saved as an avi file which should all work just fine on macs

again this is only for the ones you just can't live without user added image since i don't have too much time to do it...but i'd like to see this resolved

# 7 20-01-2004 , 01:09 PM
Subscriber
same problem here.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk

# 8 20-01-2004 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Elemenopee
if there are any where like you just can't live without the sound...i would be willing to convert em to something more mac friendly..

Thanks a lot pal!
Fortunately I can live without - the sound...
At the moment I am going through the ................... which I got at .................... They are of very good value and keep me busy ;-)
Again, I appreciate your friendly gesture but don't bather :bow:

*Edited by Admin

# 9 20-01-2004 , 01:53 PM
Kevin
I have said this many times now, ALL old wmv files will if possible be replaced with the divx versions (where possible) this takes time, and will only probably include the vip ones, the older wmv ones where a while back and the backups are probably long gone.

And axel please dont advertise other sites from this site, If I want advertisment I will charge for it.

# 10 20-01-2004 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Kevin
And axel please dont advertise other sites from this site, If I want advertisment I will charge for it.

I don't quite understand.
I am in this forum since some time and many links to useful sites were posted which enriched my knowledge of Maya.
What is your price for this link?

# 11 20-01-2004 , 02:13 PM
Kevin
Do they advertise simplymaya.... NO they dont, they sell the same thing as us, It clashes with our interests etc etc ...said million times before

thread closed