Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 11-05-2005 , 09:54 PM
The mostly completed pincer claw, missing armor panel that'll cover the top and a few associated dodads.

C&C encouraged, as usual.

Tzeentch

Last edited by Tzeentch; 04-07-2005 at 08:41 AM.
# 17 12-05-2005 , 04:19 AM
could you post a pic of the reference model you are using.. Its hard to tell what your actually modeling..

# 18 12-05-2005 , 04:27 AM
Here's a reference image, though I have the actual model sitting on my desk as well---

user added image

I don't have any reference images that I load into Maya or anything. It's a very easily divisible model, so I just built it part by part and am slowly importing and assembling the whole.

Here's a link to the other thread that I thought was prematurely deleted for some reason---took a brief hiatus from this project and the thread was gone! That is...of course, until I found the search function. Doh.

https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthr...hlight=defiler

Tzeentch

Last edited by Tzeentch; 12-05-2005 at 04:33 AM.