Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 226 12-01-2007 , 02:23 PM
sure no prob, right now im testing new render setups and i also installed this plugin called mad physical sky and im running some render tests.

# 227 14-01-2007 , 11:23 PM
test renders, i need to fix the materials esp the paint and glass shader.
user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

# 228 15-01-2007 , 01:14 AM
Subscriber
I love the paint, it looks crazy man. The only thing thats bothering me is the window color. It looks a bit bluish but i think if your going to leave it that color, changes the background because it blends in alot. Anways man ur materials are getting so nice dude, i have to practice on materials soon. good luck ohh and i wanna see this is a nice silver as well.

PS haha As i was about to submit the post, I notice u already said u need the fix the glass material lol. well then i guess i have nothing else other then it looks real nice.

*Edit* Dont change the taillights. I think those were rendered perfect and how i imagined *Edit*

# 229 15-01-2007 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber
wow i really like the wheels on the 15th page, it even looks really good when its on a car. yeah cant wait to see the wireframe of this user added image

I agree with 99GsTurbo, the window colour looks abit wrong and too light for my likeings. just a thought, i really reckon the car would look really good if you make change the car colour to silver and have the windows black but no too black if you get what i mean and also have them abit transparent soo you could look instead.

marlon

# 230 15-01-2007 , 02:17 AM
thanks for the input, like i said in earlier posts, its plugin I'm trying for those who want it you can find it here . it kinda messed up my material setup a bit, but ill fix them to suit the environment, and ill be sure to post a silver shader for the car or other colours.

# 231 15-01-2007 , 03:13 AM
Subscriber
Ohh dude, I was wondering what you were talking about when u were talking about physical sky shaders lol because i know they have htem in max but i was like damn where at in maya. I def have to try it out, what other good candy do you have for maya

# 232 16-01-2007 , 11:05 AM

Originally posted by 99GsTurbo
Ohh dude, I was wondering what you were talking about when u were talking about physical sky shaders lol because i know they have htem in max but i was like damn where at in maya. I def have to try it out, what other good candy do you have for maya

there's another shader plugin called the p_mega_TK shaders, i have never tried them but some people have had some great results with it. LINK

# 233 16-01-2007 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber
yea i was reading velisity's (or however you spell it) thread. I cant believe all his shaders on his bmw came form basically 1 shader. its sweet, i def want to try it out when im done with my low poly stuff, im going to try mats and rendering right after

# 234 19-01-2007 , 02:13 PM
those are the only two i know of, well update time, the stoopid glass shader is getting me frustrated, i thought i fixed it but i guess more tweaking is in order.
user added image
user added image

# 235 20-01-2007 , 01:01 AM
Acid44
honestly the glass looks like shit but the rest of the render looks great user added image sorry if i seem rude but you say c&c welcomeuser added image

# 236 20-01-2007 , 01:20 AM

Originally posted by acid44
honestly the glass looks like shit but the rest of the render looks great user added image sorry if i seem rude but you say c&c welcomeuser added image

no its not rude im getting quite frustrated with the material it self but im gonna try some other things to see if it works

# 237 20-01-2007 , 01:22 AM
Subscriber
hey did u ask exidge whats his method for glass shaders. his are so sick

# 238 20-01-2007 , 02:33 AM
Acid44

Originally posted by younglion
no its not rude im getting quite frustrated with the material it self but im gonna try some other things to see if it works

i havent really figured out glass but yesterday i was playing around with it for a few hours and got pretty close...

moral: keep playin manuser added image user added image

# 239 21-01-2007 , 11:28 PM
Acid44
by the way whats the polly count on this thing now??? with all that detail id imagine it'd be majorly high...

user added image

# 240 22-01-2007 , 04:32 PM

Originally posted by acid44
by the way whats the polly count on this thing now??? with all that detail id imagine it'd be majorly high...

user added image

well last time i checked it was over 3 mil polys and close to 5 mil