Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 30-06-2006 , 02:49 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Matt

I know mate, I'm just justifying the fact that theres nothing to worry about in any of these samples given by you guys, its purely the algorythm and thats it, Vlad doesnt like it thats all.

Im giving my 10pence worth and then some, as I work in the industry and have experience on the matters in question, and have added some extra insight to Level edits...Perhaps I'll charge next time LOL

Best
Jay

# 17 30-06-2006 , 02:55 PM
Subscriber
well jay you heard of the stupid tax ..so guess that is charging ...

# 18 30-06-2006 , 04:02 PM
Subscriber
in terms of algorithym, maya, max, xsi, LW, all use catmull clarck.
the issue is even not doing higher lever tweaks it screws up the wire. this makes it unbareable for me to model and tweak.
take a look at older version of maya subD display at the bottom of he page here.
https://www.geocities.com/susantio/head01.htm
more here too
https://suchyworks.com/
also in most apps now, u can edit subD verts directly on the surface, not at the poly cage point. which make modeling a lot more accurate and flowing in other apps [xsi, LW, modo]

i guess its a matter of preference at the end. if u can bare modeling in maya, great. unless im getting paid or have to use maya, i really wont for modeling.. anymore :p
user added image

here is a pic

user added image

Last edited by vladimirjp; 30-06-2006 at 04:07 PM.