Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 22-06-2006 , 07:37 PM
Cheers for the modeling comments man!!

Theres no HDR/final gather/GI etc..

Its just a simple 3 point lighting set up, that does need work!! LOL!!

It's just one spot and two point lights, rendered with mental ray with no special settings just the std "production" settings at the moment.

I really intend to get some books DVD's etc when I save some cash to do so, at the moment i'm just going at it from reading the stuff here and using free tutorials.

# 17 22-06-2006 , 07:42 PM
Subscriber
Yea I know what you mean. Ohhh the reflections made it look kinda like an hrdi haha but your on the right track. Keep it up, cant wait to see more

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 18 23-06-2006 , 12:53 AM
Yeah - this is really coming a long nice gster - it looks like you have the shape pretty accurate and I like that you have added the different coloured top that you often see on minis. This is going to look cool once you get the interior blocked in and some wheels underneath it.

Well done mate - definitely one of my favourite car models so far. user added image

# 19 23-06-2006 , 11:51 AM
Cheers Arran!

Gonna try and get this model done without rushing into things and not getting the results that i'm after so it might take a whild but i'm sticking with it.

I might animate it later on in an "Italian Job" type scene, racing round a city on the pavements etc, but thats very far down the line at the moment.

# 20 30-06-2006 , 05:40 PM
Bit of a slow update but I've created a rim for the car. I've got a basic tyre down but i'm not happy with it at the moment so might re-do it depending on the overall result.

Been celebrating my uni result, got a first!!!!

Should be going back to do my PHD next!

Heres the pic, hopefully have some more updates soon, and comments or crits very much appreciated as usual.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 30-06-2006 , 06:12 PM
well done on your first gster - that's great news. And your mini is looking smart. user added image

# 22 30-06-2006 , 10:16 PM
Subscriber
finally gster, i was waiting for an update with this car lol. Its looking real nice man, and congrsts non your first lol. I have about 5 partials lol but no first lol

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.