Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 19-07-2006 , 07:49 PM
Subscriber
okay cleaner model ...if you look at dragon ..see how lines all flow in one direction and all together ...I am not at home to show you more or what yours looks like ...

your dog ..has some lines that dont go all the way or four where it has four sides ... some of yours has more than four ..it has five or three sides ..it is not good practice to have those cause will deform how it looks when you convert or stop you from converting ...

is that better ?

here look at this thread

https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

see how frog looks and look at yours ...see diffference

all have four sides and just cleaner looking, especiallly where fingers attached and arm and legs attach to body ..

congrats on figuring it out and any questions we are more than happy to help

Last edited by mmoore5553; 19-07-2006 at 08:15 PM.
# 17 19-07-2006 , 08:17 PM
Subscriber
okay here is an example from your pic ..cleaner lines and geometry .... in the pic ..the 1- 5 show how many sides you have ...it is over five .you want to have four cause it is cleaner ..but sometimes impossible and 3 can do but I would try to do four ... just look better when you convert and cause less issues and just look at the frog and dragon. see how the lines all look good and no that many ? and just flow all one direction most or all are four sided ?

the pic i posted below is not the best but will work .. but more time you have nice clean model and four sides the better down the road on harder models

trust me it is hard to learn but worth it ...

I am far from the best at all just learning but that is one thing i learned quick and trust me helps

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by mmoore5553; 19-07-2006 at 08:20 PM.
# 18 19-07-2006 , 10:04 PM
Subscriber
Now I understand what you were saying about clean models... And I will pay attention to that in the modelling process.

Thank you for your highly useful help! user added image

# 19 19-07-2006 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber
no problem ..any troubles post up people here are more than happy to help

happy modeliing user added image