Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 30-07-2006 , 01:09 PM

evil

here is my evil model what do you think??
i dont know which textures i should use so help,pleaseuser added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 30-07-2006 , 07:32 PM
Subscriber
He looks more cute than evil, but that's just how I see him! :-) Not bad at all so far. I'm presuming the character is incomplete (if not, please disregard the following constructive suggestions), so I will make a few comments.

I'm wondering about the "pip" on the character's nose above the nostrils. Is that a second set of nostrils, a design element, or is it something that can be smoothed out? He might also benefit from having some sort of brow over his eyes, IMO. Finally, it wouldn't hurt to bring the lower lip out farther so the teeth look lile they're not growing out of his lip!

As for textures, I guess it is up to you. If you desire the character to have a more "cartoony" finish, a simple color with a bump map may be all you want. If you want to go a bit farther, you might be able to UV map a snakeskin or something similar and add a bump map. What final effect do you want?

Finally, do you intend to eventually animate this character? If so, he'll need more definition around the mouth!

Let us know and keep us posted! I like him! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 3 31-07-2006 , 10:24 AM
i dont want him to look cute or friendly,hes just a eviluser added image
ill try some textures and i will ost a new image later!user added image