Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 28-03-2007 , 02:24 AM

Filling a hole..

Hey...there....

On a head model the mouth I was making was no good. So I deleted a hole around it. Now I have this big empty hole where the mouth should be. How can I fill it?

I am in the subd's mode right now?

Thanks

james

Last edited by bondaygee; 28-03-2007 at 04:18 AM.
# 2 28-03-2007 , 03:47 AM
Subscriber
you're gonna need to show a screen cap. I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly.

It does sound like you need to extrude in the lips though.

# 3 28-03-2007 , 04:19 AM

embarassing picture!!

Ok..here's an embarassing picture of my first head!!!

The mouth was all messed up with incurable twisties in the geometry. So I couldn't resist hacking it right out!!

Is it possible to fill in this hole??

You guys are awesome!!!

-Jamz in Korea

Attached Thumbnails

james
# 4 28-03-2007 , 04:21 AM
Subscriber
Reminds me of hannibal lechter haha...

Last edited by Anhslaught; 28-03-2007 at 04:28 AM.
# 5 28-03-2007 , 04:26 AM
Subscriber
haha man that looks spooky. I don't see your wireframe, but I can tell by the edges, the wires are really messed up around that area. You mind showing another screen cap with wireframe on?

if you can fix the edges and give it edge loops that circles the lips, ou can easily cover that up by extruding the edges inside that circle inwards. Then after that, you can add edge loops around the new faces and pull the edges out until you get the shape you want. Unless you plan on bringing it to Zbrush or Mudbox, you don't need to completely cover up the mouth though, you can leave a hole at the end of the mouth tube you create.

If you don't mind, send me the file and I'll play around with it and send it back to you. user added image

# 6 28-03-2007 , 05:16 AM

The Fastest Forum on the Net!!

Man this forum is fast!! Gotta like that!!!

HEre is the funny grid pattern and the actually file.

What commands exactly would one use to try and patch this up?

Thanks a million!!!

Attached Thumbnails

james
# 7 28-03-2007 , 05:18 AM

the head file too big

OOps ..the head file was too big.

I could send to your email, if you are really interested.

I guess it exceeds the maximum size

-jamz

james
# 8 28-03-2007 , 06:04 AM
Subscriber
oh no....your head model, the geometry is really bad. How did you get it like that? It seems like you used some kind of simulation or something. I know when you use cloth simulation, you get that type of geometry. If you were to ever plan to rig this head, it wouldnt work at all. Not only can you not rig it, it's almost impossible to add details to it with modeling. If you create edge loops, you'll be able to add more geometry that will follow the anatomy of the head. Your current mesh right now would make a bunch of unwanted pinches and wrinkles. :-p

Try to get your geometry to look like this pic ref I've attached.
let me know how it goes, if you need help you can talk to me on my AIM which is Andy95121. I'm not that good yet, but i can probably help you get started in the right direction. user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 28-03-2007 , 06:33 AM

Very Cool...

Hey man I'm really grateful for the help. I've only had my head plugged into Maya for less than 2 weeks. But I'm totally interested. Just the look 3d busts really inspires me!

Originally I played a lot with After Effects, which I love, but I really want true 3d objects and not 2d like AFX.

I do a lot of my little art works, including music, video for students in Korea, where I am teacher. Kids are crazy about my little creative ideas and learn a lot. So this 3d Maya stuff is gonna blow them away!! I made my own charcter by name and picture and concept in this country and it's very popular( Including a theme song and small movie). If it goes 3d then it could be really cool!!! (Not the silly one making now. That was just practice!

I'd love to connect with anybody on Maya since there is nobody here!! Your id is for AOL. Does it work on MSN Messenger too? I think it might. Is it ______@AOL.COM ?

I was just trying some head technique I had found on the meb. Three 3 curves, a circle and the birail function. I really need to learn how to put those Isoparms around the eyes, etc. But I got so little experience.

Thanks immensely!

-James

This is my webpage: www.bondaygee.co.kr

james
# 10 28-03-2007 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber
haha nice video. It made me chuckle, good job. What's bondaygee anyways? lol

Anyways I have MSN too. It's Anh_92481@hotmail.com. Hit me up anytime.

# 11 29-03-2007 , 02:25 AM

Meaning of Bondaygee

Bondaygee is a snack kids eat in Korea. Suprisingly however it is "silk worm" cocoon. So it seems pretty funny to us foreigners here.

One day..I made a funny bondaygee song. Then I started studying video and kids asked for a "Bondaygee Movie". So then I made the character, "James Bondagyee" and video to go with it!! It turned out quite funny.

Another funny story about that is...here in Seoul the same day I finished the bondaygee vid and sent to my music friends in Seoul, they were out and coincidentally met "Collective Soul" who were in town for a concert. They all went back to our buddy's and watched my little Bondaygee Vid.

The character has a lot of potential here!! We'll see how far it can go!!! :attn:

My ultimate goal is to make a Maya Bondaygee character.

And also have written two very good stories which could be excellent animations. The last two years were very creative!

Cheers!!

james