Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-04-2007 , 11:40 AM

Render problems

Hello,
I have a problem with rendering a movie. I´ve downloaded the tutorial of mtmckinley. In this tutorial he explaines it´s better to render a movie with Targa-files instead of avi.
My problem is that i´m only able to render avi files into a movie. But my computer renders each file single so that i´ll get for a 60 frames-movie 60 pictures. I´ve also tried to set the "Frame/Animation Ext" to "multi frame" but I´m not able to select it.
Thanks.
Here´s a visual example of my problem:

Attached Thumbnails

Hä?
# 2 26-04-2007 , 12:16 PM
Thats right, you need to make the targa sequence into a movie using another peice of software, say video mach, Adobe after effects, Premier, Avid etc etc

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 26-04-2007 , 12:21 PM
So I´ll be possible to copy the Targa-files into the movie program or will Maya automaticly notice the movie program and allow me to render multi-targa-frames?

Hä?
# 4 26-04-2007 , 12:37 PM
You open say videomach and thern tell it to look for a sequence of images, it then compiles them into an animation so that you can then renderit out as a movie. Its a sepperate process to rendering and nothing to do with maya once the images are rendered.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 26-04-2007 , 01:04 PM
Ah, ok

Thank you very much :attn:

Hä?