Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 04-06-2007 , 05:08 PM
I know that this wont help you in your situation but I would always suggest not to use boolians unless its the only option available, or the mose plausable, say spliting an object or making a complex hole for an explosion, they seem like a great tool but they cause lots of problems getting them to work correctly (as in this case)

What I would do in this situation is to combine the mesh and then merge the verts, its a longer way round but you will have total control of where everything goes and therefore greater control over the topology, takes a bit of planning getting the verts to where you want them to be but its better in the long run.

I think further in the tutorial (on the legs) Kurt has a similar problem and uses the combine mesh method

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 17 04-06-2007 , 07:59 PM

https://www.dell.com/html/global/topics/gaming/en/us/us/dhs/systems-notebook.html

gimme.
# 18 04-06-2007 , 08:15 PM
Senior Software Developer
have you done a freeze transformations and deleted history on the head and body?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 19 05-06-2007 , 05:45 PM
Iv deleted history and freeze trans with the neck i closed the ends and it worked so then i moved onto the tail Its so frustraiting iv smoothed out the side of the body i want to keep. And iv left the other a bit messy does this matter? Also the tail is really complicated shall i just make it again? If i do how do i decrease the tris.

Thanks kurt for taking the time to make this tuorial You are both a very nice man and the devil!

Attached Thumbnails

https://www.dell.com/html/global/topics/gaming/en/us/us/dhs/systems-notebook.html

gimme.
# 20 30-05-2009 , 07:38 PM
Hey guys, I'am also having the same problem I'll post the pics

I need to change this

user added image

TO THIS

user added image

Malacath is NOT popular at parties!