Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 16-05-2008 , 02:23 AM

Manipulator missing in wire frame mode, only in side view

This problem has just started occurring... the manipulator will not display in the side view when in wire frame mode.

Anyone seen this and know how to fix?

Could it be related to the other problem I have - cameras start to flip out then I am rotating the camera, viewports turn black, and I can only see my scene in the script line at the bottom (seriously)?

I've tried reinstalling, and deleting my preferences, but the camera problem keeps recurring. The invisible manipulator is new though.

Help anyone?

cheers

gubar

# 2 16-05-2008 , 07:12 AM
this sounds like a graphics card issue - do a search for 'graphics card issues' and i'm sure all of your symptoms will show up.

Try updating your graphics card drivers, though you may need to just get a better card.

# 3 16-05-2008 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber
i have exactly the same problem.., exactly.., i had to go into the graphics cards control panel.., set it for 'use my preferences emphasising; balance' and set it between 'performance or quality.' not full quality

take it easy and life will be easy
# 4 17-05-2008 , 09:11 PM
Thanks for the replies,

Arran I've got a 7800 256 mb gt which is still a fairly decent card, latest drivers too and I've tried reinstalling them.

mirek that sounds promising, I'll try that later and post back after a day or two of (hopefully) uninterrupted work.

cheers

gubar

# 5 17-05-2008 , 09:26 PM
Subscriber
hope so mate, mine is a 8500 geforce GT 512 meg, latest drivers too.

Muser added image

# 6 18-05-2008 , 06:29 PM
Hi Mirek,

mine was actually set to max performance (rather than max quality). So I set it to balance as suggested and worked all day yesterday without a hitch... so hopefully this has fixed it and I wasn't just lucky.

thanks again

gubar

user added image

# 7 18-05-2008 , 06:45 PM
Subscriber
you will find the camera 'flicker' at times too.., until it becomes 'crippled ' is the best way to put it.., the fix is.., click on the '4 screen view' and back to perspective.., should get you threw most problems.., but even the best of them have to restart maya from time to time

or you might need to change the camera clipping plane from 1000 to 10,000

take care mate

# 8 13-07-2008 , 05:36 PM
Hi to all!!!
I'm new here!
I'm italian so excuse me for my poor english

I 'have the same problem.
But I find the real Solution!!

It 's not a graphic drivers problem but a bug of maya
Seem like a layout problem becouse if you change the camera to top or side or front the manipulator is missing like persp.
So

I resolve it :attn:
Go to the bug panel and and set it to hypershade
then
press "w" button some times...
then
retourn to persp
and now you have your manipulator in your persp panel!...or better... in your bug layout panel...

have a nice day!!!
user added image

# 9 13-07-2008 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
thats fantastic.., welcome.., and what a great way to say hello the first time

thank you user added image

# 10 13-07-2008 , 07:05 PM
ehehe thank you!!!!! ..
perhaps I'm wrong... I repeat and ... nothing..
probably I set hypershader in a panel when i have it in another panel too and so the problem is in the other panel now...
but ... anyway I trick this problem and now I can work ...
The problem is attached to the project you use..
If you go to Documents/maya/ etc .. and you delete the "prefs" ..folder you reset all , and all works well but if you recall a bug project .. you have the problem another time..

I think it is a layout problem ... seems that maya when go in hypershade or another type of panel with no-manipulators don't reset when go in a camera "mode" and so the panel go in BUG and never re-show the manipulators...

we should send this problem to autodesk...

:bow: :bow: :bow: