SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

Home / forum / Lounges / Technical Issues / Issue with a Shadowthat shouldn't be there.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Thread

Old 24-05-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
lillsnopp

Default Issue with a Shadowthat shouldn't be there.

I am playing around with shadows and light and found what we could all a bug. I think this is something I experienced years and years ago using Maya 2, 3 nd 3.5 so I dont know if im just not understanding some regulations here.

The shadow dropped is made from a glowing HIDDEN object. The object renders hidden as normal and gives off the glow whiles at the same time the light source (spot light) acts as if it is not a hidden objects and renders the shadow of the polygon original.

Anyone know whats the deal with this? Rather annoying. If a shadow would appear I would ASSUME it would be the glowing reference making it, ie blurred out a bit. Anyone know whats the deal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stemp.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	42263  
lillsnopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
mastone
Maniacal boy king of Babylon

you may have turned of primary invisibilit, but you haven't turned off cast and receive shadows i think, you should know tha if you are working with maya since version 2
mastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
lillsnopp

Quote:
Originally posted by mastone
you may have turned of primary invisibilit, but you haven't turned off cast and receive shadows i think, you should know tha if you are working with maya since version 2

Ofcourse, im such an idiot. Your the best. You made me remember some other details that can make it perfect with some tweaking too. Lots of kisses

Hey I haven't used it for years, I am remembering things everyday, I should be happy that I chose not to take Maya 8 because I dont want to know how much differences there is in that one, cheezes.
lillsnopp is offline   Reply With Quote
New Thread