Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 01-10-2009 , 07:33 PM

Berlin Cathedral

Been a long time since I have posted anything so here goes. I am working on modeling Berlin cathedral which I started all of 4 hours ago. Fortunately I can skip a lot of the details as they will not be noticeable with the way I will be rendering this. Here is how things are at the moment. I will post some wires once I get more done.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 02-10-2009 , 03:53 PM
some more work although cannot do to much as this needs to be in a finished state this evening.

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 03-10-2009 , 03:52 PM
how has no one replied to this yet?
It looks pretty darn awesome so far, I am looking forward to its finish

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 4 04-10-2009 , 02:04 AM
yeah - nice job. is the cross really that big though?

# 5 04-10-2009 , 09:12 AM
Yeah gonna shrink the cross down a bit I think. It looks massive in the ref pics but think I have gone a bit over the top with it.

Have done some more work on this and have called it done for what it is for and will put some renders and wires up later. I may come back to it later as I would like to get everything more detailed and texture it but have to move onto modeling other stuff.

Am currently modeling shubuya although I decided to not go with a fully textured version as my time frame is far to tight.

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 04-10-2009 , 09:19 AM
Instead am going to need to go with this kind of look. I have also animated it so the scene builds itself out which I imagine would not of worked so well with a textured version anyway.

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 04-10-2009 , 11:56 AM
I am going to try and use a toon shader setup for Berlin. I hope I can have the shot start off black and by changing the light set up I can have the architecture form itself from the shadows.

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 04-10-2009 , 08:52 PM
Subscriber
wow.... close up on the horses?
that is some really nice work there

user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 9 05-10-2009 , 01:15 PM
Thanks Chirone although the one thing you have commented on about (the horses) is the one thing I pinched :headbang:

Downloaded the horse from highend 3d in the rigged section and posed to match the rough look of the horses on the gate. All the other bits were made by me specifically for this apart from the woman who I made some time ago and simply posed to roughly match her.

Cheers for the comments though they are much appreciated. I will post some wires soon and other renders as I will be modeling architecture from Stockholm, Madrid and L.A.