Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-08-2010 , 10:07 PM
Head of 3d Admedia

CMD

Hey all anyone knows how to command line rendering in maya 2011 i use to be able to do it easy in maya 2009
so i guess im missing something anyhelp would greately appreciated

# 2 08-08-2010 , 06:52 AM
Lifetime Member
Set up command line rendering for Windows

If you want to run the Render command from the Windows command line prompt without entering the command path each time, you can add the command path to your system Path environment variable.

To set the PATH environment variable

1.Open the Control Panel and double-click the System icon.
2.In the System Properties window that appears, switch to the Advanced tab.
3.Click Environment Variables.
4.In the Environment Variables window, select the Path variable and click Edit.
5.In the Edit System Variable window that appears, edit the Variable value by adding C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2011\bin.
Note The variables in this field are separated by semi colons.
You can now run the Render command using the Windows command prompt without entering the path to the command.

Render from the command line

To render from the command line

1.Do one of the following:
At the command prompt, type:

Render -r <renderer name> <options> <filename>where <renderer name> is the name of the renderer:

•mr = mental images®mental ray®
•mi = exporting .mi files using the command line
•sw = software renderer
•hw = hardware renderer
•vr = vector renderer
•file = use the renderer stored in the Maya file
and where <filename> is (generally) a Maya ASCII or Maya Binary file, and <options> is one or more of the options or flags.

This renders the image or animation using the renderer you specify in the command line.

Note If you do not explicitly specify a renderer, Maya uses the renderer specified in the scene file. This behavior is different from that of Maya 2010.

2.At the command prompt, type:
Render <options> <filename>

<filename> is (generally) a Maya ASCII or Maya Binary file, and <options> is one or more of the options or flags.

This renders the image or animation using the renderer defined in the file.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 08-08-2010 , 10:16 AM
Subscriber
Cheers - I ave been unable to do that since I got my new PC - very helpful indeed.