Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 11-10-2010 , 12:47 PM
Lifetime Member

First Aid........

Should...if it isnt already?.....First Aid compulsory in all schools. With just FA you can really tell by an Army. EVERYONE knows First Aid...to help is what an Army should be for. I think all kids AND adults have FA. To be completely honest...after watching safety vids....well it does stick.

I would like a poll..simple and honest and see the real numbers out there. This is a true thing, we all know is vitally important to everyone. Simple shit..............

Cheers bullet

Yes I learnt FA...many years ago.

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 11-10-2010 , 08:37 PM
The thin red line
I would say no as england does not have as hostile enviroment as some places, most places are 20 min from help. Im not saying its a bad idea but the teachers have trouble teaching the basics like english and maths. One of the biggest killers over here is the car, they used to tell you how meny poeple had been kill by cars years ago but that stopped I wonder why...............dave

# 3 11-10-2010 , 09:16 PM
Lifetime Member
I know that teachers have it hard dave...but when you get a situation like we had 4 weeks ago...I guy had a bad accident...had his legs ripped off...it was the First Aid knowledge on the job that saved his life. I guess Australia is a little more remote. We have so many little kiddies that drown in backyard pools over here...a lot of the time if the parents knew first aid...the bubba might have survived.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 16-10-2010 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber
Im not sure but i think it may be already compulsory here in australia ant... I just remember 5 years ago, back in year 9 we were tough everything about it. But as a kid, you don't really pay that much attention... Dam i knew i should of listened, maybe a refresher course might help.

# 5 16-10-2010 , 03:36 AM
Lifetime Member
Yeh mate...well Im old and they didnt have it back then. I gues for wee ones its not worth it but high school definitely IMO. I got my senior First Aid and the bloody day I got it I had to assist a guy who hit a car on his motorbike!!! at night in the rain...so it was worth it. Lets face it an ambulance might be 20 mins away but the assistance you give to some one could mean the difference between life and death. My 3 boys will all be learning it as soon as they hit high school. Its only 1 day for the simple and 2 days for the senior...only refresh every couple of years. I have even used in on myself when I broke my leg....

cheers Ant

bullet1968

# 6 17-10-2010 , 02:57 AM
Subscriber
I can imagine a situation where I would need first aid knowledge. ( i do have it, but here it works different, even if you are certified and you do save a mans life, or women, they can still sue you because They are sore for CPR, or what have you)
Anyway, I'm taking my leisurely stroll down the road enjoying my first amendment right to free speech, and ..I tell my neighbor what i think of his dog crapping on my car tire...and ..The man obliges himself to assault my fist with his face...
Well after about 5 minutes of enduring this assault, i might need to preform some kind of first aid on his person to ensure he doesn't choke to death.. user added image

.....Don't ask where that scenario came from ...
*whistles innocently*

g-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 7 17-10-2010 , 04:06 AM
Subscriber
i'm not even sure what your first post is saying past the first-ish line. I think you're asking if first aid should be compulsory in schools...

but i'm not sure what you're saying after that... something about kids knowing first aid but only the army should know it?

sorry, i'm just confused by your post user added image

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 8 17-10-2010 , 04:18 AM
Lifetime Member
No chirone...what I meant was you can tell how good an army is (ie a people) by things like knowledge of medicine...ie First Aid. Nearly everyone in my industry has to do it...what Im saying is should it be compulsory....like they are doing over here now with organ donation...unless you object in writing you donate. Same with FA it should just be done....I know over here with summer coming LOTS of people will need it...usually because of swimming..heatstroke etc etc.

bullet1968

# 9 27-10-2010 , 10:15 PM
oops

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 27-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
# 10 27-10-2010 , 10:16 PM
You live in Australia Bullet! From watching the late Steve Irwin I have observed EVERYTHING the crawls, slithers, or hops in Australia wants to kill you!

I mean don't you guys have crocodiles crawling out of the bath tub drains down there right?

So FA would be important.

Just teasing of course.

Hope you are doing well.

Rick

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 27-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
# 11 27-10-2010 , 10:52 PM
Lifetime Member
Bahahahah Rick...bloody glad to see you back mate!!! Yeh we have a few animals that like to hasten the demise of said humans....bahaha

On the level though...whatever moves can also be eaten!! he he he he I do believe we are also the only nation to EAT its national symbols...ie kangaroo and emu...bahahahaha gotta love our sick humour.

No crocs in baths anymore mate....we turned them all into shoes and handbags.

Cheers Ant

bullet1968

# 12 28-10-2010 , 12:35 AM
EduSciVis-er

Originally posted by bullet1968
I do believe we are also the only nation to EAT its national symbols...ie kangaroo and emu...bahahahaha gotta love our sick humour.

Not so... I had a very lovely beaver steak just the other night
... but really, I suppose eating maple syrup should count

Last edited by stwert; 28-10-2010 at 12:37 AM.
# 13 28-10-2010 , 12:49 AM
Lifetime Member
Touche stwert...bahahahah nothing wrong with that LOL

bullet1968